Saturday, September 20, 2008

September activities

Kittens playing on the big "toy"
DR. Jacobson - I was invited back to Iowa State University last weekend, Sept 11-13, for DR J's 90th birthday! Dad and I used to take care of his home and dog, Rusty, when he and his wife traveled during our time in graduate school. Dr. J was asked how he wanted to celebrate 90 years and he wanted a research symposium so myself and 7 other of the students from nutritional physiology were invited back to campus to each give a lecture over a two day symposium. I was so honored to be able to do this. I stayed with Meg and Vaughn Speer, my aunt and uncle!
This is our group - back row from the left, Doug Kenealy, me, Laura Woollett, Mark Erhlander, George Liepa, DR J, Deb Diersen-Schade; front row - ?, Don Beitz (My major prof), Lee Ling, ??, Jerry Young (another of my profs), and a former student from Germany whose name escapes me!
On Friday afternoon, Aunt Meg and Uncle Vaughn and I went to my cousin, Beth's home in Roland, Iowa - about 15 minutes north of Ames. She and her husband Ron have recently completed an addition to their home (they added a house to their house!) and this is it - absolutely gorgeous - mission style with exposed beams, a loft, and solid wood floors!
This is my cousin Beth (right) and her younger daughter Alyssa!
This is my aunt trying not to have her picture taken! and my uncle - this was on Saturday and we were watching the Iowa State - Iowa game! I had a great time being with them!

No comments: