Saturday, November 8, 2008

Time for fall - October pics!

Check out the scissors!
Our good friend, and pastor, Rocky Ellison recently retired as an American Airlines pilot and we had a retirement party and also celebrated Halloween with costumes. From left, Barney was the nutty professor, John was the ghost of the great depression, Mary and Bob were crossdressers - Bob actually was quite attractive with his makeup!, Rocky was a drunken pilot, Jackie was a phlebotomist, Katie was the injured Cowboy, Jason Whitten, Nancy and Dennis were Sampson and Delilah, Annie was a cat, and Brett was the other injured Cowboy, Tony Romo - we had an awesome time!

The city of Aurora and the Army Corps of Engineers have done an incredible job of controlling the flow of water through Cherry Creek and have created a series of dams, along with hiking and biking trails - it is beautiful.


Cindy and I took several hikes near the Cherry Creek reservoir and it was perfect Colorado October weather.
Barry is so silly - he uses the cat's laser toy with Avari and she chases it and competes with Oscar the cat!
I also spent a couple of days with my sister, Cindy, and her family in Aurora, CO - she made some wonderful meals and here is one of them with Shawney, Erik and Avari, and Tyler.
This is Susie Parker Simmons, sports dietitian to US Skiing and Snowboard and Adam Korzun, sports dietitian for the US Olympic Training Center food service measuring Susie's big guns!
One of the trips I made this fall (Nancy) was to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs (I was one of 10 invited from across the US - the rest of the participants were Olympic coaches, trainers, and 4 other sports dietitians) and we took a certification course for a new method of body composition analysis using skinfolds, girths, and circumference measurements. I passed the practical exam and now have to complete my certification by measuring 20 people twice...so if I ask you over the Christmas holiday if I can pinch you, just say sure!! This is a picture of two of my buddies - Lisa Dorfman (sports dietitian to US Sailing) getting her bone breadth measured by Suzanne Girard Eberle (sports dietitian in Portland, OR).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun at the Halloween party. I still laugh about Bob and Mary's costume! I wish I could have gone with you to Colorado, I miss them!